Tuesday, August 25, 2009

our wedding.

































































































Riley and I got married May 15, 2009. Exactly one year later from the day we met. It was a glorious day; you could say that everything fell right into place after weeks of hussle and bussle. We have had quite the ride since that day. Three months and ten days later. I have a wonderful husband. Riley is thoughtful, understanding, kind, spiritual, supportive, handsome, but most of all patient. What a trait that I have learned to work on. It amazes me how calm he is. How loving he is. How well he can talk me through a stressful day, a bad mood, or a trial.
I remember one of the first weeks we were living in our precious victorian home, I had been working on pulling weeds for 4 hours. It was hot. I was complaining. My body ached. He had been at work all day, and when he pulled in to the driveway, the first thing I wanted to do was complain. He helped me out of the rose bushes, and pulled me into a hug. I will never forget that hug. We just sat there, quiet, enjoying each other's comfort. He made me feel loved, and my worries simmered. We held each other for what seemed like forever; I didn't want to let go! He complimented me on all the hard work I had done, and forgot himself for 5 minutes. I learned from that day that I love hugs. I have told him to result to hugging me when I am being a ''bugger''. It works. Try it! The anger gets pushed away, and you just enjoy the moment.
School starts tomorrow for me, and next Monday for Riley. I'm going to UVU and Riley to BYU. I am so excited for this semester. Our first time to both be working and going to school full time. Yes, we will be faced with hard trials. An obvious one being that we won't see each other too often. But I can't wait to work through it! To learn and get stronger. The last two months have truly worked me, made me rely on the Spirit. There have been nights crying, questioning how everything could work. But honestly, it has been some of the greatest couple of months in my life. I have been strengthened. The Lord has given me hardships to enable me to grow.

Yay for learning! Yay for being blessed with education and talent. Married life is good, and will only get better. I love to write, and am excited to share my life with those I care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment